Last week was a crazy one. You know the kind of week that leaves you with bags under your eyes and knots in your shoulders.
So I decided to treat my tired self to a rejuvenating, relaxing and nature-filled weekend. I dedicated myself to pampering, relaxing and re-balancing for two whole days.
This was on the agenda:
- A soothing Epsom salt bath
- Daily walks in a beautiful forest called Pacific Spirit near my home to do a little forest bathing and tree hugging.
- Leaving my smartphone in a drawer for most of the day
- Chilling out on the couch reading a really good book
- Playing with my dog
- Last, but not least, nourishing myself with yummy food like this:
- 1/2 fresh watermelon, cubed
- two sprigs fresh mint
Put ingredients in blender, blend until mint is pulverized. Serves two.
Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 4 bananas
- 4 mangos
- splash unsweetened coconut milk
- shredded coconut
Blend all ingredients together. Top with shredded coconut. Serves two.
The other item on the table is a nut and seed vegan pate served with Mary’s organic, gluten free crackers.