In my last post, I promised you a yummy, low sugar, dessert recipe.
Well, this one is more of a breakfast or snack item but it is definitely low sugar, nutrient-packed and very delicious.
A Perfect Parfait
- fresh berries of your choice
- Greek or plain, full fat probiotic yogurt
- Homemade granola (recipe below)
Layer items, or as in pic below, arrange in a bowl and top yogurt with a drizzle of dark chocolate syrup for extra yumminess.
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
- ½ cup raw nuts
- chopped ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit of your choice
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
Recipe: Preheat the oven to 300º F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Bake for 10 minutes.