The flu season from hell is upon us and, if you’re like me, and don’t believe in or want a flu shot, you’re in of need some alternative ways to fight this annoying and tenacious little bug.
I’ve been hit twice by the nasty virus this year and I am so done with the fever, chills, sore throat, fatigue, pasty face complexion and endless coughing it brings. So, with a few natural remedies (no big pharma flu shot required), I managed to kick it to the curb for good. If you have the flu or want to make sure you don’t get it this winter, check out my best weapons below…
- Oil of Oregano – burns like the fires of hell going down but this natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal works and works fast. It feels like it would burn right through any virus or bacteria unlucky enough to cross its path.
- Zinc. An ingredient in most over-the-counter medicine. Why not go right to the source and just take the supplement, right? Zinc cuts down the length of a cold and is a celebrated anti-aging mineral as well. Win/win.
- Oranges. Jam packed with Vitamin C, the biggest, baddest cold/flu killer.
- Garlic Paste on the bottom of your feet! I just tried this for the first time and it really works. It’s stinky but if you’re sick, hey, you can’t smell that well anyway, right? mash a couple of garlic cloves, mix with a tsp. of coconut oil (or your fave oil) apply to soles of your feet. Wrap in gauze and put socks on over, then go to sleep. Do this for two nights and I almost guarantee your cold/flu will be gone. This Italian Mama remedy is magic!
- And, I’ve saved the best for last. A Kicking Horse shot. My personal “flu” shot. Served at my neighborhood juice bar, Krokodile Pear, it’s my secret weapon. Like Oil of Oregano, it burns like HELL but will fill you up with good stuff and blast those bugs right out of your bod! A combo of cayenne, lime juice and ginger. Woah!
So there you have it. My flu fighting arsenal.